Oriental Rug Salon is a full-service Oriental, Turkish, and Persian area rug cleaning company serving clients throughout SW Florida. Using hand-washing techniques, we can individualize the cleaning for each rug while ensuring the deepest clean possible. We clean all wool and silk area rugs, including:
- Antique and Flatweave
- Kilim and Dhurrie
- Handloomed and Hand knotted
- Machine Made
- Braided Rugs
- Persian, Turkish, and Chinese
- Animal Hide Rugs
- Navajo and Silk Area Rugs
Oriental Rug Salon follows the New Zealand Wool Institute guidelines for rug cleaning and safety, and all cleaning efforts are performed by hand.
As a testament to our skill and ability, Oriental Rug Salon is Certified by the prestigious Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the International Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI), and a WoolSafe Approved Service Provider.
Our Thoroughly Exhaustive Cleaning Process
- Our process begins with inspecting and photographing each area rug trusted to us for cleaning, storage, or repair. The client receives a copy of the inspection report along with photographs.
- The rug then goes through a 24-hours dye migration test to determine the stability of the rug dyes. If the rug dyes migrate, the client is advised, and we can take action to stabilize the area rug for cleaning.
- Each rug is then “dusted” at 40,000 harmonic vibrations per minute to dislodge sediment and contaminates that are deep set in the pile of the rug.
- Based on the pre-inspection results, a specialty bath is prepared specifically for each rug needs. (If the area rug requires dry or other specialized cleanings, we have a process for that).
- The area rug is submerged in a cold bath, the appropriate allergen-free cleaning solutions are introduced, and the rug is washed on both sides.
- If the rug is contaminated in pet urine, etc., a bath of live enzymes is prepared before the above step, and the rug is submerged in a moving bath for 24 hours to eliminate pet urine bacteria, salts, etc.
- The next step is to rinse the area rug in a pH-conditioned rinse to ensure that all cleaning solutions, urine, and other bacterial matter are flushed from the area rug.
- Once cleaned and rinsed, the area rug is dried on an air table.
- Final inspection occurs after the rug has dried, the nap is groomed into position, and the area rug is wrapped in brown paper and prepared for delivery.
Oriental Rug Salon’s cleaning professionals are experienced and certified to tackle a wide range of rug types and materials. Because we perform all cleaning services by hand, your cherished area rug will never leave the eye of a technician. From the inspection and testing process through the cleaning, sanitizing, rinse, and final inspection, your area rug is in good hands. Perhaps that’s why Oriental Rug Salon is the “cleaner of choice” for many rug collectors, interior designers, flooring contractors, Oriental rug retailers, and rug owners who cherish their area rugs.
For more information on Oriental Rug Salon and our rug cleaning, repair, and appraisal services, please visit us online at www.OrientalRugSalon.com or “call us on the carpet” any time at 239-424-8171.
You can also visit us on our Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/OrientalRugSalon/
We provide free pick-up and delivery for most area rugs throughout Lee, Collier, and Charlotte County, Florida.